Friday, January 12, 2007

and this right here is why...

Today i introduce a little segment I like to call "And this right here is why..."

In a stand-up routine he used to do several years ago, Steve Harvey talked about groups and artists that he felt should be allowed to make "one mo' al-blum" (we all know the man can't talk).

Well, I got my own list of artists and groups that I wanna see again but NOT for a whole album. They need to just make 1 mo' "SANG-guh" (that's "single" for the ebonically impaired).

We DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT need them to try and stank up a whole album. We just need them to put out one mo' good song to break up the mess we hear on the radio today. If enough groups/artists put out one mo' good song then, we'll have enough to cycle throughout the day between Beyonce, Bow Wow and Chris Brown.

My first nomination is the group responsible for two of my Top 5 favorite songs of all time (the others "Be Happy" Mary J. Blige, "It's Gonna Rain" Kelly Price and "I Have Nothing" Whitney Houston). You CANNOT have a conversation with anyone of color about music who was alive in the early 90s without hearing two words, "Kissing Game".
My first nomination, none other than HI-FIVE (the WHOLE group and not just Tony Thompson).

And this right here is why...

"Kissing Game"



"Never Should've Let You Go"

2 comments:

Rocky Earl said...

Okay, why was I just in deep reverie about this very topic?! Spooky...It would be hot, though, if all of them came together to each contribute one original song to a compilation album. Let's get Rude Boys and Portrait, each on a Chukki Thompson number. Maxine, Terry, Cindy AND DAWN need to cut that bull sht and get Denny and Tommy to crank out ONE MO' Funky Diva's caliber track and let them hoes just KILL IT. Mint Condition can just come in the studio and do a free style jam session. The three-member CHOIR we used to call Brownstone would be due for a signature gutsy mid-tempo. And why stop at groups? Throw Toni Braxton on there, but only under the condition that the song must be written and produced by Babyface. Find that Sam Salter dude and tell him he got ONE MO' chance to do his thang. Could even pair him up with Monifa. I'm gettin excited about this! I'm bout to make some phone calls and start pullin this sht together! Coko, go get my piano out the car!!

life said...

Oh this was the jam!