Wednesday, January 17, 2007

and this right here is why...(2nd Installment)

My 2nd nomination for the 1 Mo' SANG-guh (1 More Single) Award goes to the only female group established in the 90s to put out 4, count 'em, 4 BANGIN albums back-to-back-to back-to-back.

I'm talking the only group to put out four albums that could play from start to finish with not one fast-forward (yeap, when this group first came on the scene we were still listening to cassettes), and not one single solitary skip. I mean this group is the reason Sony invented the auto-reverse feature.

I know you're probably thinking...En Vogue. NOPE!

TLC, right? NAWP!

What about SWV? Sorry!

I'm talking about the group that Flex Alexander once described on Showtime at the Apollo as "the fo' ugliest women in the music industry" (he was so wrong for that but soooooo right).

I'm talking about none other than the fat sista, the skinny sista who later became the fat sista, the dirty little light-skinned one that looked like a rat and Peppermint Patty (Hey, Sir). That's right! You guessed it. That MESS-tabulous foursome straight out the ATL...XSCAPE

These girls weren't ever cute, they're style was always just a little bit off and individually they were so forgettable but Great Jumpin' Ghost of R&B BATMAN when they opened they're mouths to sing...bless they're little hearts.

and this right here is why...
p.s. thanks Jermaine Dupri!

p.s.s. Hey, Keyshia Cole! We all know you think you're Tiny but newsflash ...Tiny could sing on key. Whiny sometimes but still on key.